The Original Guettner Farm
Joseph Ferdinand Guettner was in Chattanooga TN in 1854 when he purchased the Original Guettner Farm in Poplar Springs TN. Joseph Ferdinand Guettner purchased the Original Guettner Farm/Home Site of 161.5 Acres from W. M. Andrews for $325. Joseph Ferdinand Guettner occupation was a "Farmer" then later a "Baker". He came to Roane County TN ~ 1858. He had a Bakery where the current Kingston Court House stands today (2013). Note: Land outside of towns averaged $0.50 to $4.00 per acre at that time ~1850. J F Guettner paid $2.00 per acre.
The property is still owned by a member of the Guettner Family (2014) making it 160 years of continual family ownership!